Athabasca River Canyon Run Family Rafting
Make your way to a departure point in downtown Jasper, where you'll board a bus for the 30-minute trip to Athabasca Falls. Wear a swimsuit under your clothes for a quick change to a wetsuit, then join the athabasca river rafting guide for a briefing on rafting technique and safety.
The Athabasca River Canyon Run Family Rafting Trip
Grab a river rafting paddle and climb into a six passenger white water raft, then leave the shore with the thundering sounds of Athabasca Falls behind you. Your river rafting guide will steer you into athabasca river's current as you paddle into a channel between the high rock walls of Athabasca Canyon. You’ll take on a series of fun, exciting Class II river rapids, then the river will flatten out for the relaxing final stretch. After roughly 1.5 hours on the water, the river raft guide will steer you back to shore for the return trip to Jasper, where this tour concludes. Please note: wetsuits, neoprene booties, and paddle jackets will be provided, as you’re sure to get wet while splashing through the rapids. Wear a swimsuit and bring dry clothes and a towel, as well as wool socks and a warm, post-paddle jacket for cooler days.
Book the Athabasca River Canyon Run
Athabasca River Canyon Run Family Rafting Overview
Paddle through the dramatic Athabasca Canyon on a half-day whitewater rafting adventure from Jasper that takes on fun, family-friendly Class 2+ rapids. Your raft will be put in at the base of Athabasca Falls, then paddle a 7.5-mile (12-km) stretch of river with a certified river guide. This 3.5-hour athabasca river rafting excursion includes all equipment and transport from downtown Jasper, and both morning and afternoon departures are available.
Athabasca River Canyon Run Family Rafting Summary
- Half-day athabasca rafting trip from Jasper
- Paddle for 1.5 hours on the Athabasca River
- Put in at the base of Athabasca Falls
- Travel with a certified river rafting guide
- Pickup in Jasper from a centrally located meeting point
- Choice of morning or afternoon river rafting departures
- Ideal athabasca river rafting choice for families
Additional Athabasca River Canyon Run Family Rafting Trip Info
- Confirmation will be received at time of raft booking
- Children on this river rafting trip must be a minimum of 5 years of age
- Rafting participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- The athabasca river rafting trip runs in all weather conditions.
- Participants will be provided with all the necessary technical equipment including wetsuits, spray jackets, neoprene booties and life jackets, however on cooler days, those prone to feeling the cold should bring either a fleece or wool jacket to wear underneath the spray jacket (No cotton should be worn)
- All Jasper river rafting departure times listed are in Alberta Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST).
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and Jasper traffic conditions
- Minimum river rafting numbers apply.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough rafting passengers to meet requirements.
- In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Athabasca River Canyon Run is Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
Book the Athabasca River Canyon Run
More Jasper Athabasca River Rafting Trips
Athabasca Falls River Rafting Run | Athabasca River Canyon Run Family Rafting | Athabasca River Easy Scenic Raft Trip | Jasper Athabasca River Rafting Mile 5 | Sunwapta River Self Drive Rafting Trip | Sunwapta Whitewater Rafting Challenge | Rafting Athabasca Falls Run in Jasper | Rafting on Athabasca River Mile 5 in Jasper | Sunwapta River Rafting Adventure in Jasper
Canada Whitewater River Rafting
Whistler Whitewater River Rafting | Kananaskis River Rafting | Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure | Madawaska River Family Rafting | Montreal Lachine River Rapids Rafting